If you are ready to sit down and write out a calendar to maintain your home, we have a few things to add to your list that are important for your peace of mind. Most of them are simple! Performing these checks can help you find plumbing issues that would usually go unnoticed until you need repairs.
- Clean gutters. Make sure they are free of leaves and other debris that collects over time.
- Have your p-traps cleaned. This will take care of build-up that happens over time.
- Check faucets and shower heads for any leaking. If you have any corrosion or rust, you may need replacements.
- Inspect your appliances and the connections to your water to make sure they aren’t leaking or worn.
- Check the pipes in your home and notice if any of them are an unusual color, have leaks, or are loose.
- Check your garbage disposal to make sure that it sounds right and grinds things up the way it should.
- Make sure the temperature on your water heater is at 120 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help maintain the life of the water heater in your home.
- Have your water heater flushed. This will take care of any sediment built up inside so that it doesn’t rust.
- Inspect your pipes for smells and leaks in your bathroom and kitchen. Make sure that there aren’t any leaks under the sink or behind things that you wouldn’t normally move or notice until you have damage.
- Check all your drains to make sure there isn’t hair or other debris built up in them. If you have slow drains or hear gurgling in your pipes, it is time to schedule drain cleaning with your plumber.
- Walk around your yard and notice any dips or soggy spots. Also check the area where you water and sewer lines run to your home for anything that looks odd, such as plants that grow faster than the others.
Flowrite Plumbing in Citrus Heights, CA, is available for preventative maintenance and plumbing repairs for your home or office!